Flu Vaccine Now Available
Posted on 10.03.2011
FLU VACCINE NOW AVAILABLE!!
All Dorfner Family Medicine locations are will be administering flu vaccine in October 2012. Note the following information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
"Everyone 6 months and older should get a flu vaccine each year. It is especially important that the following groups get vaccinated either because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
1. Pregnant women.
2. Children younger than 5, but especially younger than 2 years old.
3. People 50 years of age and older.
4. People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions.
5. People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
6. People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
--health care workers
--household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
--household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age"
All of our locations have available day, evening, and weekend appointments to accommodate your schedule. Be proactive and get vaccinated. Call us today for an appointment.